I’m feeling a little mindless today. I think meal planning is killing the majority of my brain cells. So instead of putting my thinking pants on and coming up with a really original post, I decided I would rather swipe this questionnaire from my friend Kelly over at Turned Up To ELEVEN! Thanks, Kel!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Okay so, originally my name was supposed to be Christopher. I was born in 1978 and my mother did not have any ultrasounds while she was pregnant with me, but was totally convinced I was a boy. So convinced that I don’t think she even bothered to come up with an alternative in case I happened to be a girl. Then lo and behold, I arrived and it became a mad scramble to find a more gender appropriate name. I was about 5 seconds away from being named the 10 bamillionth Jennifer born around that time, when that got nixed for Lauren after Lauren Bacall who is a favorite actress of my mom’s.
Oh that’s right. My name is actually Lauren in case anyone was confused and thought I was named after a seasoning.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I tear up regularly when I talk about or look in the general direction of my daughter, but the last time I flat out bawled was on Sunday after the Ravens won.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sure. I’m the person in the office that people come to when they need important letters addressed and don’t have time to make labels.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Only the cutest, smartest, silliest, sweetiest child on the planet. The one and only Miss Betty Badass.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I certainly wouldn’t want to be enemies with me.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
No. Not ever.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
It looks so whiplashy. I’d rather skydive.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I don’t let myself buy cereal because when I do I eat the entire box in a day. But to answer the question, Special K Vanilla Almond.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Nope. Slip them off and throw them in my gym bag because the only shoes I own with laces are my sneakers.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
There are lots of ways I could answer this. I have a very strong personality. I’m pretty strong emotionally. And carrying around a 22lb baby is great for your arms.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
None. I only eat frozen yogurt.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Whether or not they look like a murderer.
15. RED OR PINK?
I hated pink before I had a girl.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I have a short temper and my eyes aren’t even. (I don’t think the two are related.)
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Cooking. I’m trying really hard.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Since coffee doesn’t count as food, bourbon salmon, homemade mac and cheese, and garlic spinach for dinner last night. As I said in #18, I’m trying really hard.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Random office noises.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Betty’s shampoo, mulch, the McCormick spice plant. Cinnamon day is the best.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Not important enough that I would choose friends based on them, but important enough that I probably wouldn’t be able to be married to my husband if he had radically opposing views from me.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach. The word “hideaway” is a turn off because it makes it sound so remote and I don’t care for remote places.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
NFL and MLB!
27. HAIR COLOR?
Medium brown with blonde highlights.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
I did once for a Halloween costume.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Steamed crabs. Sushi.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Pitch Perfect. It was okay, which means I liked it more than I thought I would.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
It’s Purple Friday.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer. I only like winter when it’s snowing, which is not the case about 90% of the time.
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Chocolate mint anything.
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Yoga. I get to do both.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
A computer can be a television.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Some indie horror piece of trash that I got for 99¢ on my Kindle.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Nothing. It’s solid gray.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
Betty’s voice. The ocean.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Indie/alt. The Wiggles.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Charm City, MD.
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Underneath all the grime, I believe it is white.
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
That took a lot longer than I thought it would!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!